The Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City (IUH) is a public higher education institution in Vietnam. Here is the new autonomy mechanism in operation for the period of 2021 – 2030.
Nationally recognized as a leading applied university for excellence in education, research, technology transfer, innovation, and creativity.
– As a leading applied university, we envision ourselves being one of the top ten universities in Vietnam; the university of choice for education and applied research and forging unity and collaboration with schools, faculty students, alumni, partners, and industry.
– As a leading applied university having a reputation for excellence in education and applied research, we develop application-oriented academic programs in response to the practical needs of society
– As a leading applied university having reputation for excellence in technology transfer, innovation, and creativity, we embrace, nurture and develop new ideas, start-ups, cooperation, industrial transformation and smartization, and the commercialization of research products.
IUH provides high-quality human resources who have competence, attributes, and ability to integrate globally to contribute to Vietnam’s socio-economic development.
– High-quality human resources are those who have professional qualifications that meet practical requirements of society; ability to think creatively; entrepreneurship.
– Human resources with competence and attributes are those who possess moral values, compassion, and passion in research and learning; logical thinking, breakthrough initiatives, safety mindset, and team spirit; good attitude, working style and responsibility for work.
– Human resources with the ability to integrate globally are those who are able to adapt to regional and international working environments; have language (English) proficiency to communicate effectively in regional and international working environments and acquire new fields of knowledge; demonstrate strong IT skills to advance new knowledge and modern technology.
– High-quality human resources that can make their contribution to Vietnam’s socio-economic development are those who are able to increase work productivity to meet the demands of national and international markets; enrich their intellectual and work life through their engagement in community service and contribute to the socio-economic development of the country.
3. Strategic Objectives
In order to have a state-of-the-art management system and to build an educational eco-system for training high-quality human resources contributing to society, bringing practical values as well as the effectiveness from research activities, technology transfer and international cooperation, IUH Strategic Thrusts are formulated as follows:
To be a premier application-oriented university leading in education, research and technology transfer; promote active community engagement and service; improve vibrant student life and build a state-of-the-art campus; retain and develop professional personnel; strengthen financial autonomy.
In order to achieve IUH Strategic Thrusts, IUH Objectives and Strategy are formulated as follows:
– To be a premier application-oriented university leading in education, research and technology transfer: increase the quality of graduates; enhance employability and placement of graduates; increase internationalization of programs; enhance study programs to meet quality assurance standards; increase collaboration with organizations in graduates recruitment; increase high quality national and international publications; implement policy to support researchers in international research collaboration; promote technology transfer.
– Promote active community engagement and service (Promote community engagement; increase community service; develop effective media for communication): expand active citizen activities in community engagement; promote entrepreneurial activities; encourage students to take part in community service; promote staffs take part in community service; diversify media for communication; develop competence for information and communication personnel.
– Improve vibrant student life and build a state-of-the-art campus (Improve vibrant student life; building the state-of-the-art campus): develop convenient campus life; build green campus; upgrade teaching & learning facility; state-of-the-art ICT infrastructure; develop E-learning system.
– Retain and develop high quality and professional personnel (attracting high quality and professional personnel; training and developing high quality and professional personnel; retaining high quality and professional personnel): recruiting professional personnel; diversify recruitment; enhance training personnel activities; increase developing personnel activities; establish strategic competences; implement work arrangements based on personnel competencies; promote working environment; enhance staff income system;
– Strengthen financial autonomy (strengthen sustainable revenue; increase investment for strategic areas; implement finance risk management and business continuity plan): enhance revenue through education; enhance revenue through other resources; reasonable investment for human resource; reasonable investment for education and research; reasonable investment for community engagement and student life; enhance budget for risk management; enhance budget for business continuity plan.
4. Core Values
Transforming the minds of students, graduates, and staff through quality education and applied research to enrich the lives of the Vietnamese people and businesses for a sustainable economy and higher standard of living. Businesses related to a person’s career, profession, commercial activity, undertaking, or entrepreneurship.